Pizza in a Slow Cooker . . . Melting pot of thoughts, ideas, and stories of family, love and throwing everything in but the kitchen sink.

Grilling Season and My Man






   
     The summer heat is here along with the smell of charcoal burning and backyard fire pits... mm mm  My husband has grilled us up a few meals already; brats, italian sausage, hot dogs, burgers, steaks, etc.  He even did his first corn on the cob in the husks this Memorial Day.



     A special shout out to our veterans of all wars and ages -->> more thanks than you would ever know or we could ever share.  I always wonder about the businesses offering a "special" to them on a particular day (Wednesday Military Day?) EVERY day should wield them a special offer !!  You deserve so much more and again, I humbly thank you for your service to our country.

      I started writing this to tell you about, basically, an info-mercial product.  We thought it was a birthday joke type deal, at least until the hubby tried it.  He was hooked on the first use, though you will need a proper "shield".



The Grill Daddy
 It's simplicity makes you laugh at first. Water, bristles, and a handle.... what do they offer ?  A very clean grill, but with one hazard -->>
STEAM
      I don't do anything with the grill, but I know the old man likes this toy and that it helps him more than anything he's ever had.  So I asked him if I could 'capture' him doing his manly thing of preparing his cooking space...  as I am usually in the house prepping other parts of the meal.


      This is him; protected...

   




     It works with the heat from the grill, with the water, causing steam to loosen burned on particles and cleaning the grates, but he has a welders' glove on to beat the heat, otherwise your hand might fry as much as the food.   Simple and easy.





     I haven't looked into it yet but I think you can buy replacement brushes, but if it's a 10 or 20 dollar item?  I might just get him a new one for Father's Day.  He's come a long way in his adventures of grilling and I will help to encourage him along the way - and I don't have to do dishes. (Always a plus.)


"EMBRACE THE GREY"

No comments:

Post a Comment